Thursday, November 19, 2009

English Text 4 - Recount Text

Dear Diary,
I never succeed at anything. Even when I try hard, I fail. If I do the best, something still goes wrong. Remember when my car broke down when I was giving mother a ride to the supermarket? Or the time I burnt the dinner I was making on Mother's Day? I thought hat moving away from home to go to school would surely change my luck. I was certain that my luck was going to change for the better. I guess I was wrong.

It's true that when it rains it pours! My first day of high school was supposed to be special but today I've had the most awful luck! Once again, nothing went right for me. For example, this morning the weather was fantastic so I decided to walk to my first class. I left early. It was nice when I left, but on the way to school the weather changed suddenly. It started to rain really hard. I hadn't brought an umbrella., so I ran to find some shelter. As I was running on the side walk the heel of my shoe broke and I went flying. I scraped both of my hands on the cement and tore my new backpack. I immediately thought to my self, 'This can't be happening to me. It's like junior high school over again.' I arrived late for class and soaking wet.

After class, I took the bus home because it was still raining. The bus broke down and we had to wait two hours for another one. When I finally got home, there was a message from my teacher. He said that to find another course to take because there weren't enough students in my class. My class had been the only thing to go well today. Why does this always happen to me?

I've tried everything to turn my luck from bad to good. I've avoided walking under ladders. I've never broken a mirror. I even have an cold coin that my father gave me when I was younger that I keep with me all the time because I think it is lucky. I had it with me today but it had no effect. Maybe it's time to throw it away!

I hate days like today. Will my luck ever get better?

No comments:

Post a Comment